Tuesday 7 June 2011

It's a mad online world after all.


Having been a blogger and social media consultant for quite some time, I have had many opportunities to share vital information and learn a few new things from a variety of different people. This knowledge is something that I value.  I have tons of online resources and whenever I am lost or need help, I always have a friend to lean on.  

The greatest part of all, some of those people live a thousand miles away yet I can reach them in an instant via a variety of social media platforms, this is incredible.

To be completely frank, I was skeptical and even fearful of the online world at one time. 

As far back as I can remember, I had been an advocate for a computer free society.  I used to think computers would take over and leave us jobless.  Ironic, since a computer has now become my full time job work-site.

What exactly is it I do on line?  Well, that is a very good question.The real answer is, I am a blogger.  

First and foremost, I am a free lance writer. 

Writing full-time involves a considerable amount of time, effort and skill. The downside is, it is never a steady stream of income. Income is based on the demand for content.

Having other sources of income helps to fill the gaps.  

I love to write, it is my passion, but I am also a realist and I know that I need to feed my family and cannot always live on a hope and a prayer.

In order to provide a proper balance to my income, I provide social media services and partake in many affiliate marketing programs. 

Affiliate marketing can roughly be defined as making money from advertising and promoting other website's products.  Unlike a number of affiliate marketers, who will sell anything, I make it my policy to promote only the items that I would use myself. 

I am Sam-Sam I am!
It is my reputation and brand (seosam) that makes me money and I would not risk that for anything.  What would  SeoSam say about that? He would say, an image is worth a thousand customers and your image is everything.

There are many things you can do to make money on line, you just have to put your mind and effort into it.  

Things like writing, creating blogs, webdesign and creating marketing and branding solutions like Think Social does. 

The best part about working online is, most often you can do it for free; if you have the right tools.  Free?  Yes, absolutely free.  

In fact, I started my business two years ago and I have spent a total of five hundred dollars in that two years, not so bad for a full time business considering the ROI.

Online business just makes dollars and sense. Now excuse me while I go pamper myself with a spa treatment at Revive Day Spa.

No comments:

Post a Comment